In July, in collaboration with the City of Narni, Narnia Arts Academy presents the Narnia Festival, a big celebration of arts, music and culture offering performances by world renowned artists and the best of educational programs on an international level.
Narnia Festival’s performances combine tradition and innovation in a balanced harmony between music, dance and theater, exhibitions, conferences, cultural activities and excursions.
Regular participants are world renowned artists such as Katia Ricciarelli, Marcello Giordani, Danilo Rea, Maria Rosaria Omaggio, Enzo DeCaro, Barbara De Rossi, Stefano Masciarelli, Samantha Togni, Carol Wincenc, Tali Roth, Silvia Duran, Luc Bouy, Pablo Garcia, seen in performances ranging from classical music to opera, from sacred music to jazz, from ballet to tango and flamenco.
The Narnia Festival training embraces a great variety of proposals of the highest quality, featuring teachers from the most important international schools and universities (including The Juilliard School in New York, Mozarteum – Salzburg, the Tchaikovsky Conservatory in Moscow, Universität für Musik und darstellende Kunst – Vienna, University of Miami, Accademia del Teatro alla Scala, Accademia Nazionale di Santa Cecilia, Conservatorio di Santa Cecilia) and a participation of over 250 students each season.
The programs include:
- International Summer Training Program for instrumentalists, singers and dancers
- Junior Masterclasses – innovative play-educational initiative dedicated to children six years and up (in collaboration with Associazione Note Blu)
- International Vocal Arts Program – Intensive courses for singers and debut in operas
- Linguistic and cultural Training in the Italian Language – Italian language and culture courses in collaboration with the Italian American Committee on Education, which – on behalf of the Italian Foreign Ministry – is responsible for promoting Italian language and culture in the United States
- Narnia Culture&Leisure – Cultural courses and guided tours dedicated to tourists and family members of participants in the campus.
- Narnia Flamenco – Workshop of Spanish Dance and Flamenco
- Narnia Tango – Workshop for all levels, practica, milongas.
During the past five years, Narnia Arts Academy saw the participation of over 3.000 students.
Narnia Arts Academy’s programs are under the patronage of Comune di Terni, Comune di Narni, Provincia di Terni and Regione dell’Umbria and are partially sponsored by Fondazione CARIT.
Click here for Narnia Festival website